Friday, November 16, 2012

My Own Gratitude Log Blog


                                                                           
Less than a week from now we will be celebrating Thanksgiving, and I've noticed that many of my Facebook friends have been posting daily comments about aspects of their lives for which they are thankful. Not wanting to go entirely public with my own gratitude log, I've decided to post my thoughts here.  Please note that my list is not in any particular order of importance, but rather an off-the top-of- my-head stream of consciousness (that's redundant, I know).  Also, I may add to my list from time to time.

I am thankful for. . .

. . . my amazing husband of almost fifty years (my soul-mate through thick and thin, good times and bad).

. . . my truly remarkable thirty-year-old son (our gift from God when we least expected it).

. . . my overall excellent health at age sixty-nine (no medical problems and no daily prescriptions).

. . . being born in a free and prosperous country.

. . . growing up in a home in which I knew beyond a doubt that I was loved.

. . . having the opportunity to pursue a college education.

. . . being able to become a teacher and enjoying that profession for over twenty years.

. . . my glass-half-full attitude about life.

. . . my kind and gentle father.

. . . my loving and supporting mother.

. . . growing up in the 50s, when life was simpler and the music was a lot better than it is today.

. . . having re-connected with the Moores, my mother's side of the family.

. . . having a younger brother that I'm close to.

. . . friends that have come and gone over the years, but mostly for the ones that I enjoy today.

. . . locating and re-connecting with my long lost forty-something nephew.

. . . having a "sousin" (that's a coined word for my first cousin who is more like a sister to me).

. . . my son's sweet girlfriend.

. . . the fact that winter lasts only six months in Wisconsin!

. . . the opportunity to travel the world (France, England, Ireland, and Italy . . . so far!)

. . . having discovered yoga.

. . . having developed an interest in afternoon tea and scone-baking.

. . . being a native of Texas (and holding out hope that we'll move back there some day).

. . . the beautiful sunsets on Lake Sherwood.

                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment